Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I've Been Fucked Over #2

I had a friend in wood shop. He was into cars, and I thought cars were okay so I got more into cars because we could talk about that. He lied a lot. I didn't really care that much because I thought it was interesting and I didn't really have anyone else to listen to, anyway. He played bass guitar and so did I and I was a better bass player than him, but I never really mentioned it. We had that in common, too. We started a band and I became the singer for some reason. Mike was in wood shop, too and he had a guitar, so he was the guitar player. We had no drummer but we practiced a lot anyway in Mike's garage. We covered Misfits songs and I remember one day this old guy was taking a walk by the garage. He started yelling at us, but he wasn't complaining. He was shouting "Turn it up! Turn it up." That was kind of strange, in a good way. I would get really into the songs. I don't have that lack of self consciousness anymore and I can't believe I did the things I did. I would throw myself around. I would land on the driveway in view of the whole neighborhood and scream. They called me g.g. because g.g. allin was this crazy singer guy that fucked himself up pretty bad when he performed. I wasn't as crazy as g.g., though...nowhere near as crazy as that guy. One day I showed Mike how to play this guitar solo he couldn't figure out and he punched me in the jaw. I guess I didn't do it in a humble enough manner. The band didn't play together after that. Later Jesse all of a sudden stopped being my friend and spread a bunch of lies about me at school. It was kind of a shock. I never did anything to the guy. I didn't let myself be sad that time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home